Call Toll-Free for Medical Waste Disposal & Removal - 1-800-978-8192
- Austin Metro Area - 512-445-0555
- San Antonio Metro Area - 830-660-3149
- Houston Metro Area - 713-408-0401
- Dallas/Ft. Worth Metro Areas - 214-350-8100
- Rio Grande Valley Area - 888-956-BIO1 (956-778-4412)
- Closed and tied red bag waste
- Closed and locked shut disposable sharps containers
- Leak proof containers of liquid
- Soft red bag waste, including but not limited to: gauze, table paper, blood soaked items, intravenous bags, soft plastic items, gloves, gowns, bandages, etc.
- Chemotherapeutic and Pathological waste may be placed in separate cardboard medical waste boxes and must adhere to the above guidelines.
- No hazardous or radioactive waste
- No loose liquid in excess of 20cc
- No loose syringes or needles
- No loose hard plastic items, such as pipettes or culture dishes
- No glass items.
Rule of thumb: If it can puncture the red bag, it needs to be placed in a sharps container
- All needles and syringes
- Hard plastic pipettes and tips
- Glassware items including but not limited to: test tubes, vials, bottles, slides, vacutainers, etc.
- Items made of metal, razor blades, scaples, knives, tweezers, scissors, etc.
OSHA Compliance. In 1970, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) was created. The goal was to help create a safer work environment by working with businesses to establish standards that were workplace-specific. The Health Care industry needs to follow steps to identify some of the major OSHA requirements and guidance materials that may apply to your health care facility. These steps will lead you to resources on OSHA's Web site that will help you comply with OSHA requirements and prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
Texas Medical Waste is OSHA Compliant with an easy, secure Compliance Portal Log-In. Stay connected with Texas Medical Waste the leader in Medical Waste Pick-up.
Texas Medical Waste OSHA Online Compliance Suite:
- Electronic Manifest Tracking and Reporting
- OSHA Audits - Know if Your Facility is 100% Compliant
- Safety Plans - Build Your Own or Use and Edit Existing Plans
- MSDS/SDS - Print, Store, Search and Add Product Safety Sheets
- ICD-9 & ICD-10 - Simplify the Conversion
- OSHA Training - All Required Courses Available (10 credits free at initial set-up)
- OSHA 300 - Tracking and Reporting
- Infectious Disease - All You Need to know – Always Current
- Documents/Forms - W-9, Company Forms (Yours & Ours)
- Current Federal and State Regulations - Easy to Read and Current
- Group and Individual Training - Controlled by Your Facility Administrator
- Additional OSHA Training Credits - at $15.00 per credit
- Training Credit Bulk Rate pricing and/or Multiple Location Discount Available
- 24/7 Online Access and Support - Provided at an Industry Low Monthly Fee